We are Hiring an Administrative Assistant!
About the Joint Economic & Community Development Board (JECDB) of Wilson County
The Joint Economic & Community Development Board of Wilson County is a governmental economic development agency. The communities of Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, Watertown and Wilson County comprise the JECDB and participate in funding of the organization. The JECDB is focused on industrial, office, retail and business recruiting. The recruiting efforts are part of a strategic plan to increase and diversify the overall tax base of Wilson County. In addition, the JECDB serves the existing business base for Wilson County through business retention and expansion efforts. Many of these programs are accomplished through the Industry Alliance Partnership and serving as an information source for local businesses. The organization serves as the sole economic development organization for Wilson County and garners support from the local Chambers of Commerce and elected bodies.
The Administrative Assistant serves as the main point of contact and administrative functions of the office. This position is essential to the day-to-day-operation of the Joint Economic & Community Development Board of Wilson County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies knowledge of various computer software systems in an effective and efficient manner to fulfill a range of basic correspondence, filing, record-keeping and reporting functions of the department.
• Receives and distributes incoming mail and other communications; prepares outgoing mail and communications for efficient distribution.
• Receives and responds in an efficient manner to all walk-in, telephone and electronic mail contacts from elected officials and the public at large; initiates problem resolution. Responds to routine requests for information.
• Performs basic office support functions when needed, including reception, telephone contact, and routing of contacts to appropriate departmental staff members.
• Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Must be over the age of 18, have a Valid Driver’s License, and be able to clear a Criminal Background Check (7-10 years) and Drug Screen.
• Education - High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum two years of Office Administrative experience.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Publisher, Excel etc.)
• Minimum typing of 60 WPM.
• Must Be Reliable, Outgoing, have Excellent Customer Service skills, and have consistent and dependable transportation (may occasionally need to run errands).
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task.
• Friendly, enthusiastic and enjoy working with people.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Willingness to learn new information and concepts.
• Strong follow-through on tasks and projects.
• Self-starter with proven reliability and personal integrity.
• Excellent professional phone etiquette.
• Able to work in a typical office environment (knowledge of PC, copy/fax/scanner, calculator, filing, e-mail etc.).
• Must be able to deal with confidential material/documents with discretion and confidentiality.
If interested please mail your resume and cover letter by COB on July 26, 2019 to JECDB of Wilson County, 200 Aviation Way, Suite 202, Lebanon, TN 37090. No walk-ins or phone calls currently as we are a small staff.